This content will explore the common language and terminology behind project management and administration, including how to develop and maintain a budget. You’ll have the opportunity to apply these concepts to your own example project.
- Understand the common language and terminology behind project management and administration and be able to use it in developing a project;
- Distinguish the administrative functions of managing a project from the project content or goal(s);
- Apply concepts of project management to their own example project.
Overview of Project Management
An Introduction to Project Management
Activity: Project Elements Table
- Using this table, compare and contrast different elements of projects.
Choose Your Project
Activity: Choose Your Project
- Choose a project to use throughout this module and fill in this table. Identifying a project will give you an opportunity to fully engage with the activities in this module.
Grants Administration 101
Creating a Budget: An Example
Creating a Budget: Your Turn
Activity: Budget Template Exercise
- Download this Excel template and follow these instructions to create your own budget.
Staying on Budget
Self-reflection prompt: what strategies will you use to track your budget?
Tracking a Project
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
Self-reflection prompt: what are some example KPIs for your project?
Staying on Track
- What are common challenges to staying on track?
- What strategies would you use to keep your project on track?