Introduction Video References
- Whitehead, J., Directing, Coaching, Supporting & Delegating Are What?, Situational Leadership.
- Schmid, S., Optimizing Post-Doc Training: Getting the Post Doc Training You Need, iBiology.
- What attributes/adjectives would you use to define your mentee’s leadership style?
- How do they demonstrate these characteristics? What evidence would you use to illustrate your description?
- In what areas would you advise that your postdoc mentee further develop their leadership skills, and why? What opportunities would they have to practice or hone their skills?
- Kotter, J.P., What Leaders Really Do, Harvard Business Review.
- Denny’s Relationship Table, Northwestern University.
- How do I choose a mentor? A postdoc’s guide, The Nerd Coach.
- Exploring Leadership Frameworks, Adam Goodman, Postdoc Academy.
- EmpowerED to Lead, Podcast from Wayne State University.
- What’s missing in Academic Leadership, Your Unapologetic Career Podcast.
- Leadership & Management Foundations for Academic Medicine & Science, AAMC.
- Building Academic Leaders in the Humanities, Five College Consortium.