Introduction Video References
- Bartlett, Arsan, Bankston, Sarabipour, Ten Simple Rules to Improve Work-Life Balance, PLoS Computational Biology, 2021.
- Susi, Shalvi, & Srinivas, “I’ll work on it over the weekend”: high workload and other pressures faced by young researchers, Nature, 2019.
- Flaherty C., So Much to Do, So Little Time, Inside Higher Ed, 2014.
- How do I manage and protect my time? How satisfied am I with my current time management practices?
- What am I struggling the most with when it comes to time management (setting priorities, saying no, setting boundaries, fending off distractions)? Where can my mentor help?
- What do I plan to do to improve my time management practices?
- Time Management: Seize the moment, J. M. Perkel, 2015, Nature
- The Awesomest 7-Year Postdoc or: How I learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Tenure-Track Faculty Life, R. Nagpal, 2013, Scientific American Blog Network
- The Art of ‘No’, Robin Bernstein, 2017 The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Time Management, Chapter 6 in Making the Right Moves, A Practical Guide to Scientifıc Management for Postdocs and New Faculty, BWF, HHMI.
- Time Management in Academia, M. Rillig, 2021, YouTube video
- The Philosophy of Time Management, Brad Aeon, TEDx, YouTube video