Introduction Video References
- Aziz, E. E. (2015). Project closing: the small process group with big impact. Paper presented at PMI® Global Congress 2015—EMEA, London, England. Newtown Square, PA: Project Management Institute (PMI).
- Haberthur, K., Leaving Lab: How to Best Transition from the Lab, Bitesize Bio, 2016.
- How knowledgeable are you of the specific interview process your mentee is (likely to be) going through to transition into their next career step?
- How can you support them even if you do not know where to start?
- What process do you want your mentees to follow to close their projects or transfer them to other mentees?
- Nogrady, B., Exiting gracefully: how to leave a job behind, Nature Careers, 2021.
- Phases of the mentoring relationship, National Institute for Health and Care Research (NIHR).
- Vick, J.M., and Furlong, J.S., Dealing with a difficult adviser, The Chronicle of Higher Education, 2010.
- Darling, Lu Ann W. EdD. What To Do About Toxic Mentors. Nurse Educator 11(2):p 29-30, March 1986.
- Talk It Out: Dealing with a Tough Situation, Duke Faculty Advancement, 2021.
- Alle-Hardisty, L, Dealing with a difficult team member? Five tips to help you make better decisions, Forbes, 2021.
- Stages of the Mentoring Relationship (excerpt of the video “Preparing your first mentoring meeting”, A webinar with Dr Amy Iversen, The Academy of Medical Sciences), YouTube video.
- Breaking Up is Hard To Do, Professor-ing Podcast.